Phone: (786) 387-9366 ● E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yahoo! Inc., New York City May 2017-Present
Reporter and Writer for Yahoo! Style & Beauty in New York City.
- Pitch story ideas, research, gather information and interview sources.
- Thrive in a fast pase environment, producing 2-3 original content articles per diem.
- News writer.
- Publish online daily.
- Publish to Social Media: Facebook & Twitter over 2,250,000 followers.
Miami Herald, Reporter August 2016-May 2017
Reporter and Writer for the Miami Herald Neighbors Community news stories and articles.
- Pitched story ideas, researched, gathered information and interview community members.
- Published in print and online. Posted to social media.
Nickelodeon, Multiplatform Digital Content Production January 2017-April 2017
Content creation and management for digital platforms, apps and social media.
- Behind-the-scenes video production: Coordinated with Unit Production Manager times, locations and sets to shoot with talent.
- Filmed with Ikegami and GoPros, edited short segments (extras) in Adobe Premier Pro.
- Wrote descriptions, titles and matadata forms for all videos uploaded to Mediasilo.
- Assistant in day-to-day activities to the Creative Director.
- In charged of Music Cue Sheets, Concur Expense Reports and P Cards for the department.
- Closed captioning: Spanish and English.
South Florida News Service, Staff Writer January 2016-August 2016
Digital journalism platform providing South Florida residents a youth-focused insight into their communities.
- Covered the February 2015 Florida Primary election.
- Assigned beat of new and up-and-coming local businesses.
- Covered women and minorities’ news stories weekly: submitted photo-multimedia with each article.
Florida International University Student Media, Entertainment Director October 2015-April 2016
FIUSM consists of The Beacon: the three-time-a-week newspaper, WRGP: the student-run radio station and www.fiusm.com a 24/7 news website.
- Managed a 12-person staff, for daily web publications and three time-a-week print editions for a state university of 54,000 students.
- Produced a two-hour biweekly radio talk show: “¿Que Pasa MIA?” Covered current events and news on all things Miami and FIU.
- Wrote and edited headlines, cutlines, summaries and photo captions, proofread.
- Created multimedia programming, package coverage: processed and posted video to the web.
City University of New York, Graduate School of Journalism Summer 2017
Knight CUNY J Fellow award recipient.
In-depth journalism training in NYC: Data Journalism, Data Stories, Math Numeracy, Visualizing Data, Basic
Chart Building, Social Media Reporting On-the-Go, Mobile Journalism, Production, Writing and Photography.
Florida International University August 2015 - Graduated May 2017
Bachelor in Communications//Major: Broadcast Media & Journalism//Minor: Hospitality
Miami Dade College May 2013 - Graduated July 2015
Associate in Arts//Major: Mass Communications & Journalism
Human Resource Management Certificate
- Spanish: Professional writing and native speaker. Adobe Premiere, Avid, Photoshop, AP Style, HTML, Photojournalism, Windows XP and Mac proficiency, Mediasilo, Concur Expense Solutions, Wordpress.
- Steve Rothaus, Miami Herald Editor.
- Catherine Seele, Nickelodeon Creative Director.
- Dr. Robert Gutsche, FIU Professor.